Wednesday

Experimental Brownies - Part 2

I think I've discovered a solution to my brownie "problem". My past attempts have been alright, but there is room for improvement. I think my new baking buddy is oat flour. It has a higher gluten percentage and higher moisture content than wheat flour, so my theory is that combining a small portion of oat flour with wheat flour will give a less crumbly and more moist result. The use of white bean puree is just to lower the fat content and hopefully give the brownies a fudgier texture.

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup white bean puree
1 cup sucanat, powdered
3 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup oat flour
3/4 cup wheat pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 deg.  Grease bottom of 9"x13" baking pan.

Mix butter and sucanat in a mixing bowl.  Add bean puree, eggs and vanilla and mix throughly.  Add remaining ingredients and mix for two minutes on high.

Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...