Thursday

Vegetable Frittata

I didn't measure any of the ingredients for this.  I just added what looked good.  So be creative and make this to your family's tastes!  Here's my best guess:

6 eggs
3/4 cup pureed spinach (I had it on hand but 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and throughly drained would work just as well.)  :)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 small potatoes, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp canned green chilis (I had some open from a previous recipe.  My kids don't like it, so it was more for a bit of flavor.  So add more if you like.)
2 tsp oregano
1/4 cup olives, chopped (I think green would be fantastic!)
1 tomato, diced
grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350'F.

Beat eggs and spinach together in a bowl.  Set aside.

In a large oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.  Add potatoes, onions, garlic, a pinch of salt and saute for about 5-8 minutes.  Add red pepper, mushrooms, chilis and oregano.  Continue to saute until potatoes are tender about 10 minutes more.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add olives and mix together.  Level vegetables in pan and gently pour egg mixture over top.

Cook frittata for 30 minutes or until egg is set.  Top with tomato and cheese.  Serve with a side of pasta al olio and a green salad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...