Sunday

Easy Rice

I've always been intimidated by making rice on the stovetop.  I don't know why.  But it's really easy!!

Soak desired amount of rice in a bowl for up to 1 hour.  Drain.

Level rice in a pot and add warm-ish water.
Add enough water to reach the first knuckle of your finger, about 1 inch above rice.
The picture shows the amount for brown rice which will need a bit more.  About 1 1/4 inches.

Cook rice over medium-high heat until it just starts to boil.
Turn heat to low (a gentle simmer) and cover.
Cook for 15-18 minutes for white rice.  Brown rice takes about 30-40 minutes.


Leave lid on and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
This allows the moisture to distribute evenly throughout the rice and so you're not left with dry rice on top and mushy rice on the bottom.
Now go enjoy your beautiful rice!!


I like to make a big batch of rice and then freeze it in zip top bags.
Then I warm it in my microwave and I have quick and still beautiful rice!

1 comment:

overlyactive said...

This is great! Will you send me some of your favorite websites with healthy recipes? I would appreciate it. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...