Tuesday

Whipped Ice Cream


I was in an experimental mood today.  I wanted to make ice cream but didn't want to use eggs.  I haven't had the best of luck with a cooked custard ice cream.  It always tasted eggy to me.  So I wondered what would happen if I whipped the cream beforehand?  It has a nice creamy texture without the eggs.  I love it! I'm going to try this again with half the cream and twice the milk.  I'll let you know how it goes!  :)

Makes 2 quarts

1 pint heavy cream
1 small package vanilla pudding
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
pinch salt
1 cup whole milk

Whip cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.  Pour whipped cream into ice cream maker.  Add remaining ingredients.  Mix ice cream according to directions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...